View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
So I am not sure where these so-called scribes are getting this history of ridicule directed at the man. I can remember being in college and reading Rolling Stone articles calling Lindsey a musical genius.
reading a paper, saw a review... said he was a visionary, but nobody knew

re "these so-called scribes" - we need to just take a peak into rumours or SN's forum here and we'll see tons of posts to that effect. i don't normally see it in articles that try to at least have an appearance of journalism. but they are usually all over the fan boards, blogs, facebook, under youtube vids - infighting of the various band-member fan factions. sooooo - time to admit - who of the ledgies wrote those blogs Michele referred to??

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The articles would be ridiculing FM, not Lindsey specifically, but he was written off as just being that guy from FM and FM was not a band to respect.
yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Even some of the Grammy finale announcements knocked him beforehand. They didn't understand him being paired with the rockers and were smirking about it.
although i was pleasantly surprised how scarce those were. when Hesitation Marks came out almost every single post or tweet i read was a complete consternation of what would a member of FM be doing on the NIN album. not so much now... people are getting used to it. hope it continues and also that he provides more reasons to be known for his incredible work and musicianship.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"