View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie would not be a Lindsey solo album in any sense. It would have an even mix of Lindsey and Christine songs, except for the fact that some of their songs are co-written, making this much more of a BAND album than Fleetwood Mac has put out in a very long time. It would be much more of a cooperative venture than 'Say You Will' was, which to me still feels like a Stevie solo record and a Lindsey solo record on shuffle.

Lindsey's a more flamboyant live performer than Christine, but that doesn't mean he'd dominate a live show. The show will most likely feature a fairly even split between his songs and her songs (with a few other FM songs thrown in, hopefully). It might even feature more of her songs than his, since she's had so many hits. Chances are she'd get up and play the accordion, guitar, maracas, or other instruments on a few songs, and I doubt she'd be buried behind her keyboard the whole show. If they don't use any backing musicians (which I hope they wouldn't), automatically she'd have a bigger musical role to play.

Yes, Lindsey has a big ego, but he has a big talent. From the recent quotes, it's clear that he recognizes and appreciates that Christine has a big talent, too. I have a feeling he would love performing with her, Mick, and John. I know I would love seeing that.