Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sunday, November 08, 2009
Me and Stevie

Last night a major realisation hit me. With a THUNK.

I have a Stevie Nicks alter ego I've really never analysed until now. But it's really there, lurking...

Yes I am a big Fleetwood Mac fan. There's a copy of both Rumours and Tango In The Night in my car and actually I think the song Everywhere and its video are what spurred me to write romance in the first place. I just love that vid. Did I mention my secret thing for Highwaymen (and don't even get me onto my teen obsession with Baroness Orczy and crush on the Scarlet Pimpernel...but I digress).

So after X Factor I switched over to a music channel's Fleetwood Mac roundup. And suddenly it hit me.

I want to be 'Stevie Nicks'. Blonde (check always wanted that); wearer of romantic gypsy style clothes and long boots, frilly petticoats and perhaps even strange hats with feathers in (check perhaps because I've always been a jeans wearer there's a deep secret part of me that longs to dress up in a wispy butterfly dress and maybe even a velvet corset with BIG HAIR and just go for it...ggg). Anyway. Perhaps that's why I write romance...I have this inner 'ethereal' crazy woman whom I've never given full control to. Because she scares me...

And possibly would scare passers-by too.

So I keep my inner 'Stevie' repressed...Well, I mean. Who wants to go to Sainsbury's with mermaid hair and a velvet cloak especially with kids in tow?

Anybody else got any embarrassing alter egos? Or perhaps you have an unworn velvet cloak in the cupboard too...? Go on...fess up!

Posted by Judy Jarvie at 11:40 AM
1 comments:
Timeless Barbara @ Enchanted Mirror said...
I love your post! If you ever feel like channeling your Stevie Nicks inner Gypsy, please come shop at my store, chiffon, velvet, boots, hats and all things "Stevie"!

http://www.EnchantedMirror.com

Bright blessings!

Barbara

3:14 PM

http://judyj.blogspot.com/2009/11/me-and-stevie.html