View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Disk 3

This box set is so amazing. It's easily the best thing fleetwood Mac has ever released. And I say that without any fear of hyperbole or exaggeration. I already considered tusk the best album they ever released. And now I have that same great album, with many alternative versions that are either equal to and very different or just flat out better. And the icing is the incredible live set, which in itself surpass any live set the rumours line up have released. On a side note, I feel there should be an option to just buy the 2 disk live set.

My only complaint over the whole box set is that they should've included the piano version of SOTM. Probably would've went on disk 2 since it's such a raw demo.

But that's a very small complaint. After listening to the alternative tusk of a few days my highlights are Angel, brown Eyes, I know I'm not wrong beautiful child, never forget and the biggest and most pleasant surprise... Never Make Me Cry! What the hell were they thinking there! This album could've been perfect to me all these years but I always considered NMMC the one weak link. But not now, with this version. It's better then songbird! Especially the ooooooo ooooooos in the middle. But even without that, she's singing the whole song like she means it. And the simple piano is way better then whatever weird echoey thing lindsey decided to got with.

I know I'm not wrong from disk 3 is probably my favorite of all the demos. Stevie's vocals are really cool. Walk a thin line was always up there with NMMC as the other song I would occasionally skip, but I love the extra instruments on disk 3. And I don't know if we should even call that's all for everyone an alternative version, it's like a completely different song!

My favorite stevie alternative song is beautiful child, or it's at least the most interesting. A lot of cool instrumentation. It's almost sounding like it's going to turn into a rocker at some points. It's not better then the original, just different. Same with Angel. I love the soft sexy vocal and the slightly different ending.

He Will Burn You Down