View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP View Post
That you for posting those quotes. That is very interesting. It seems like he tried so hard to make her happy. Makes me think that what happened may be much more than we realize. Why would she make comment about wanting to spend rest of her life happy? Also makes me wonder that a change of scenery and perhaps change of producer she had with Dave Stewart, he was able to pull something out of her that Lindsey has not. In Your Dreams is my favorite album of hers and has some of my favorite songs of hers.
You're welcome!
I think he really tried for a while but she remained so adamantly against recording that he started getting fed up and more problems began again. And then with the BuckVie album/tour, I don't think she was crazy about the fact that that happened and then Tom's death and everything.
I'm not a big fan of some of Dave's production on IYD but it's very obvious she loved the album and loved making it. I think she just felt very comfortable in the environment with him, which is remarkable considering that it took them a full year. Even if she and Lindsey were getting along splendidly I don't think she could ever feel that comfortable and happy around him for an entire year because of all the dramatic past between them.
That's why I wonder what the heck happened to Dave and why it seems like he's not even relevant in her world anymore. She was soooo crazy about him and raved and raved about how much she loved working with him. And now she hasn't mentioned him in years as far as I know.