View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 04:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Lindsey is a big part of the history of the band that they just joined. He or his absence is also central to them having joined at all. And that's to say nothing of the role that he's played in Stevie's life, whatever that's been.

So it makes sense that he would come up in conversation - his guitar parts and his musical contributions, in particular. Although I doubt that Lindsey on a personal level is a main topic. And I also doubt that SN has nothing more salient in her life to share than "endless talk about LB and how much she hates him."

Unless you have personally had a conversation with SN about something other than her music, it seems to me that you might not actually know. Is it possible that you are projecting? Since I don't know either, my guess is that when she's not being interviewed, she has a grab-bag of rich old lady topics to pull from, that includes her investments (or what her advisors told her about them at their last quarterly meeting), the amenities at whatever Santa Monica health or country club she belongs to, weather in LA, weather in Hawaii, shopping, and taxes in California.

When Mike Campbell is in the room, I imagine that Tom Petty, Benmont Tench, and the history that they all share with SN comes up far more frequently than her personal feelings about LB do. With Neil Finn, I would wager that the topic of Australian resorts gets the most play.
Interesting, I expect Neil would know vertically nothing about Australian resorts, strange you think this is a subject he would be familiar with