Thread: Anyone Else...
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hi everyone,

I've been visiting this site for many years and finally plucked up the courage to post!

I got into the band during the Tango In The Night era (that album was massive in the UK at the time) and fell in love with Lindsey, all of them in fact, but him in particular.

I'll stick with the subject though. I've read and seen many interviews with him, seen him in concert etc... much like many here, and I get the impression he has struggled with things that have happened in his life, the loss of his father (and later brother), his break up with Stevie, Carol Ann, Sherie. His frustration that Tusk wasn't appreciated at the time, his solo career not taking off like he'd hoped (and seeing Stevie having huge success) and I think he has battled with shyness/insecurity too. I get the impression that he was the 'black sheep' of the family, his father died before he really made it and I think it's caused him problems.

His epilepsy and drink/drugs has been a factor as people have said. Does it excuse him if he's been violent? No, of course not. However I agree with others, Stevie has said that her parents adored him, her brother toured with him I believe, now if my daughter/sister had been abused there is no way in hell I'd adore them or even give them the time of day, not a chance.

Lindsey has also been with his wife now since what 1997? That's a long time by any standards these days, and unless he has a strict pre-nup in place I doubt she'd tolerate any form of abuse from him. His kids also seem very comfortable around him.

I've rambled, but just to finish - firstly I really think Ken is out of order for saying some of the things he's said, didn't he also say something about Lindsey not enjoying being a father to Will until he was a few months old? Lindsey I'm sure didn't expect him to repeat that in public in case it upset his son when he was older. Secondly, as people have already said, how do we know that tons of people in the public eye haven't done similar or worse? John Lennon has been mentioned, but Bono, Sting or Mick Jagger could have done much the same. In fact Jagger pleaded with Jerry Hall not to release her biography, it never did get released - what (besides bedding anything with a pulse which was common knowledge anyway) did he have to hide?

Lindsey was a sweetheart when they toured England a few years ago (easily the nicest and most attentive of the band) so I think he has changed and unless something very bad comes out I'll never stop being a fan.

Apologies for long post!

P.S, I also love Tango (but not keen on Mirage).