Thread: Anyone Else...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Not because I don't think John committed sins and made errors, but the fact that you've chosen to believe every word of what has been written against him. Those who knew John the best-including his ex-wife- had incredibly wonderful things to say about him. Most of what has "tainted" his image was written by people who never even knew him. But to each his/her own.
This is the most important thing in this thread for me. I think unless someone knows Lindsey, or anyone famous, personally and has experienced the matter in question first hand then everything you read about them should perhaps be taken with a pinch of salt. Even if they say it themselves. The media is a cruel mistress.

Personally, nothing I have read about Liddy has made any difference to the way I listen to his music (except maybe "I was not shacking up!" because just the way Stevie said that makes me giggle every time) because like lots of other people who've said the same, his work and his personal life are two separate things to me.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr