View Single Post
Old 04-17-2002, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Don't want to put a damper on this...

When it was first released, I loved it TO DEATH.

But, in the past decade or so, finding bootleg recordings that were superior (both in performance AND in sound quality) to what they DID release as an official live album, made me re-think my stance regarding this album. Actually, my biggest peeve with this album isn't so much about the album itself, but the inaccuracy of the statement that "it was recorded during the Tusk tour", when its obvious that some of the performances were from the Rumours tour ("Rhiannon", "Dreams" come to mind immediately) and one as early as 1975 ("Don't Let Me Down Again").

But, beyond my OWN "downgrading" of the album...it's STILL one of the all-time best live albums ever released by anyone.

"Rhiannon", "Sara", "Oh Well", "Not That Funny", "I'm So Afraid", "GYOW", "Over & Over"...great versions. Plus, the "new" songs "Farmer's Daughter", "Fireflies", "One More Night".

It definitely is a MUST HAVE for any Mac fan.

Now that its been over 20 years since this first came out...isn't it time for an "upgrade", though? Remaster it, add a third disc including some more live versions of Tusk tunes they did...like "Angel", "What Makes You Think You're The One", "Think About Me", etc. Of course, they couldn't put that many ""Tusk" tunes on it originally since it was their latest studio album (and would've been a bit redundant), but now would be the perfect time to dust off the master tapes and add a little "chrome" to the package.