View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 04:24 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Her comments about the 8 years lost to Klonopin always intrigue me because except for the last two (92-93) she was actually quite productive: Recording of OSOTM and tour (1988-1989); Recording of BTM album and tour (1990); Putting together Timespace and tour(1991). So she really wasn't just sitting around. And at least some of 1992-1993 were spent working on Street Angel so again, she was busy. She probably doesn't remember a whole lot from those 8 years which is really a shame.
I think she feels that she didn't put out quality work instead of not doing any work. I don't think that Street Angel is quality work and we know that Stevie hated the album. It was really the lowest point in her career.

I wish she'd stop talking about Klonopin, though. There are plenty of people that need to take it for very legitimate reasons. I'd hate to see someone end up not getting the help they need because Stevie has bad-mouthed it so publicly. I get it, it didn't work for her, but in the end, she's responsible for making her own decisions about her health. She can talk about how much she blames the doctor all she wants, but at any point she could have said no.