View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
The "Bare Trees" era holds an extremely special place in my heart. I'm a huge Danny Kirwan fan. It's a shame that his demons took over both his music and his life. But songs like "Danny's Chant" and "Sunny Side Of Heaven" are masterpieces - Snapshots of a band still valid and creative despite losing Green and Spencer, but veering off in a more fascinating and mystical direction. However, his song, "Dust" remains my favorite cut off this record. Why? Because it perfectly foreshadows not only his departure from the band, but also his departure from creating music and, lastly, his HIGHLY UNDERRATED legacy within this band. It's so sad. He's the only other member of this band whose lyrics are on par with Stevie's in regards to the poetic and atmospheric.

I also really dig Bob's funky "The Ghost" and prefer this first version of "Sentimental Lady" to (what would become) the over saturated California yacht rock solo version later on.

Christine's "Spare Me A Little" is like a sneak peak of her Pop sensibilities overshadowing her Blues roots. A "dry run", if you will, for songs like "Say You Love Me" and "Sugar Daddy" IMO. So much fun!

And of course how could you not adore Mrs. Scarrot's "Thoughts On A Grey Day" closing an album that's "beautiful! Just beautiful! So beautiful!"

Definitely a "perfect moment in time", not only for the band, but for the fans of Fleetwood Mac. It's a shame it was so short lived. It's also worth noting that this is the only platinum selling Mac album, pre-Rumours line up.

I'm not sure about that sentiment, but I do agree that it would have been more well received and hugely successful had she taken part. There's a reason why "Bleed To Love Her" and "Steal Your Heart Away" are my personal favorites off the record. It's because of Christine's presence...and the only two moments within the record that make it FEEL like it's Fleetwood Mac instead of Buckingham Nicks Part 2.
I was in the Vegas area this week and I drove to Hoover Damn.. For some reason, I needed to hear Future Games. Woman of 1000 years is so beautiful.