View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
please don't pour cold water on my [finally!] optimistic outlook. i want that album out!

yeah Stevie and Christine both don't have families they need to spend the holiday with, but Dave Stewart has, and relatively young kids if i remember correctly. would he really go to Nashville (where people go to record music ) for a weekend with these women if it wasn't work related? he just came back from working on another project in Jamaica. i choose to think this is great news, and why SN was not really much around with FM in the studio (although i really don't understand that attitude if they are really a band - i guess they are really more just a business than a band these days, at least as far as SN is concerned ) - she was waiting for DS to be free so he can help her out. and i think the fact Christine is there with them has to be good news since she can help Dave make those songs more FM/band sounding.
But it wouldn't make sense having Waddy on guitar. You don't have someone else on a guitar on a FM record.

Also there are 5 months until the tour starts. They aren't just going to slip a new album in right before it starts. They did it last year with the EP but we knew many months in advance that they planned to get some songs out in time for the tour. With a full album I think we'd already know about it if they were trying to get an album out before the tour and they probably would've waited to use the tour to promote their new album. As it is it's just a reunion tour.