View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I also agree with you. The live version is really good. Just imagine less computer programming and more real musicians like the live version. I think it would have been a much bigger hit. Imagine the live harmonies too. The album version never breaks out of that programmed timing. The live version just highlights how catchy the song can be. Even remakes of the song take the song to new levels.

Not a fan of Big Love either. Its the perfect and simple sugary pop song. 14 words till the simple chorus then another 14 words till the chorus again. The guitar at the end is great but it frustrates me because its only at the very end where the song is at least interesting. Almost any track off Go Insane is better.

I've said this before but Isn't It Midnight should have been the lead single. There was such anticipation for the first Mac song in 5 years. In MTV's prime I think the song would have come close to the top 10. It would have given the album depth. It also would have welcomed them on rock stations again. They had a huge list of pop hits that would have charted afterwards. It was the time to make a statement that the Mac can rock. John's bass line, Lindsey's guitar and vocals, Christine's writing and vocals just merge together for something that was really Fleetwood Mac. I just wish we could have gotten more songs like that.

I get these annoying raccoons at my house. I cant seem to keep them away. For whatever reason if I play When I see you again and Welcome to the Room Sara it seems to do the trick of keeping them at bay.
Mirage took a beating for being too pop. But good Lord, any song off Mirage is a better pop song than Tango. Gypsy, Hold Me, Love in Store crush Big Love, Seven Wonders, and Everywhere
I've always found Love In Store a real snoozer..... I want to like it, but it sounds hugely unfinished to me... big long gaps with absolutely NOTHING going on. Like Lindsey wasn't around to finish producing it or something.