View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Of course she would say that, but that's exactly what they're doing.
Not like they were in 1987. Mike Campbell and Neil Finn have had legendary careers before joining the band. They have their own very public images/personas.

Billy Burnette was only notable for being the son of Dorsey Burnette, nephew of Johnny Burnette, cousin of Rocky Burnette, and friend/associate of Fleetwood Mac, while Rick was just a sideman and session player. They were very clearly trying to mask that Lindsey wasn’t there (no pun intended). They basically dressed Billy up like Lindsey and had him play a white Les Paul. Look at these two pics from 1987.

Quote:
In the current set there are what, 6 songs, that aren't from the 1975-87 era. And out of those 6, 1 was played by the Rumours lineup for years, and 2 aren't Fleetwood Mac songs at all. Why aren't Stephanie's songs from Behind the Mask being played? Where are Christine's songs from before 1975?
“Oh Well” was played on every tour before The Dance, except for Kiln House. Bob Welch, Rick Vito, and Billy Burnette continued playing it after leaving the band, and I doubt it was coincidence that TPATH played it when Stevie toured with them.

That said, I would have been happier to see SHN and MM get cut before Hypnotized and I Got You.

THE Stephen Hopkins