Thread: San Jose, 6/29
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default San Jose, 6/29

Happy Wednesday all.

San Jose was fun, though as you all could probably imagine, predictable. Stevie and Lindsey reminisced about living in the area for the -nth time, dedicating Landslide to the San Jose crowd.

Lindsey mentioned his Palo Alto birthplace (35 miles south of San Francisco) and gave a somewhat long speech about his family, dedicating Say Goodbye to Kristen, who was at the show with the kids.

Stevie was radiant as usual, particularly in her beautiful red cape. I can't get over how stunning she looks in red, arguably her best color. The crowd responded wildly each time she turned around and did that funny "cabaret" dance with her arms up in the air. And I noticed some of the lyrics she had performed at earlier shows were omitted, notably "and the wind became crazy."

Lindsey was rockin' as usual, cruising through guitar solos one after the other seemingly without a hitch. Once again, he totally captivated the crowd, receiving standing ovations for almost every solo. (Has anyone else noticed that he has been using part of the guitar solo from "Eyes of the World" in "I Know I'm Not Wrong"?)

Overall, good show, though I thought Sunday's Concord show had more energy. The San Jose show was also substantially underattended with a good chunk of the second level empty. This might explain why they were selling tickets for half price on Ticketmaster two weeks ago.

Saw Cory Buckingham walking around in the crowd a few times, with fans occasionally stopping her for a chat. Seems like she has a fan club of her own!

I've posted the first 10 tracks of Tuesday night's show. Enjoy!

San Jose, 6/29

Last edited by SpyNote; 07-01-2004 at 11:33 PM..