View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
This was true over here in the UK. I had no trouble with security who had been instructed to let us stand. My seats were in front of Stevie's mic at most of my shows anyway but on one occasion they were in front of Lindsey and I still went over to Stevie's side. In fact the only trouble I had was at the first London show when 4 people in the front row insisted on sitting and wouldn't allow anyone to stand in front of them. They kicked off and tried to get security to tell people to sit (which didn't work) so spent the time kicking or poking anyone who was in front of them

Pip
It's been venue to venue here. Some have let 3 rows up, some only the front row, some only the center section of the front row. Some venues lost control over the front row area and tons of people pushed forward. Depending on how crowded some of the front row areas were and the rowdiness of the crowd, at many venues you really couldn't leave your spot to go anywhere without someone stepping in to take your place.

There's also been some complaining from some fans who didn't like the idea of people standing in front of their seats all night. In some venues it got so bad, the band's security sent everyone back to their seat. The way it came down from the band's security for a time was, if the fans who paid for those seats complain, you have to go back. We tend to think of all fans as message board fanatics, many fans bought their seats through the club and when they didn't like the front row set up of going to the stage, they called Fanfire to complain.

Haven't heard or seen anyone kicking or poking fans here, but with the beer and general rowdiness of some of the crowds at the outdoor venues, it wouldn't surprise me.