View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 05:42 PM
Fritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Javier, I won't question your principles or motives. I am curious, however, as to why you have to get permission from your colleagues to post complete song files but not snippets. I would think if permission were required for one, it would be required for the other.

You're right, snippets or whole numbers--don't make a diff. What I said is I need permission if I am going to release this on the commercial market and charge money for it.

This is a choice and I respect the choice. But now you're saying I. So it is your decision to make then, right? So why do you need permission to post a couple of complete song files?
No, I don't need to get permission to post these, only to make money from their sale. I assume the Fritz members may be entitled to a certain percentage or some renumeration as co-performers. But because of the nature of digital, even if I didn't want to sell and only wanted to share everything it would be foolish to post everything outright, cuz next we'd see more pseudo-Rock anthropolgists claiming to possess "rare" recordings for $$$ at Ebay. IT is my intention to put out a historic CD with notes, pics (there are still some pics that have not been exposed to the public), and the live music in the order it was originally performed, as well as the studio and home recordings. SÃ*? When I last saw Lindsey, I gave him a newly-burned sampler CD of Fritz and echoed what someone on the Ledge had once said before: "This (Fritz) music will only enhance your legacy among your fans." I am sure he agreed.