View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, the thing is - it doesn't matter to any of you why Stevie fans are or aren't bitter, so why bother asking? You don't want to know any legitimate reasons someone might be (or mostly likely not be) bitter about FM, just like us Stevie fans don't really care how bitter you are about Stevie and her lasting solo success and duration in the public eye. Elle is only asking as a basis to continue this forum's ridiculous discussion about how she's supposedly ruining Fleetwood Mac's chances of a swansong album, when this conversation should have been over 18 months ago. It's just another lame excuse to mock her and her fans.

The truth is - it's *you* who are bitter. Bitter because Stevie is more successful, popular, on tour, recording music, and loving her life. Bitter because you know there won't be a Fleetwood Mac album without her, because God, what label would even want to sign them for even a one-off album without her? Might as well just record the loss on the books and move on. By all means - write Lindsey and Mick and beg them to carry on without her. Beg Warner or Reprise or Sony or, hell, beg Jimmy Iovine to sign them to Interscope without her. It's you who are bitter because she doesn't need them - and how ironic that she wasn't even wanted by them, and yet somehow through a karmic twist of fate, it's she who carries on? It's she who by and large brought the masses to the shows. It's her recording albums, even if sparsely, even if you think they aren't any good - they're still for sale. It's she who had their only number one song. It's Rhiannon that propelled Fleetwood Mac from a backwater blues-ish nobody band to the massive stars they became. Bitter because you know it is Stevie who has kept interest in Fleetwood Mac going all these years.

(Disclaimer: I cannot deny that Lindsey, Chris and Stevie made magic together. I *am* a fan of the Nicksian Fleetwood Mac's music, all of them, whether they record an album or not!)

I mean seriously - it's the same pathetic four or five individuals here who have kept these Stevie-bashing topics going for over a year. Don't you have anything better to do with your lives, your time, your energy, than talk scheiße about a nearly 70 year old woman who simply doesn't care what you think about her? Sad, really.

Stevie is the key to Fleetwood Mac and it just eats you up inside, doesn't it?

Well, have fun with that. I'll be over at any of the numerous Stevie Facebook groups, celebrating her tour, her music, her successes, and her vibrant career with the rest of her "bitter" fans.

And Michelle, we all know you're the owner here. These forums have lost so many regular members because of the overwhelming negativity that is The Ledge, but if these are the kinds of discussions you wish to foster, if this is the kind of "fan" board you wish to run, more power to you I guess. I hope you never look at your investment here as a waste.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case