View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Delmarva Media Group, June 17, 2009, letter to the editor

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/2...-TO-THE-EDITOR

Fleetwood Mac concert in Atlantic City was an amazing experience

I love to live on the Eastern Shore. When I heard Fleetwood Mac was coming to the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, we could not resist taking the Cape May-Lewes Ferry and going to see them. The ferry itself was a great experience.

My wife and I had not been in Atlantic City since we were kids. At 56 years old, it was tremendously different than my experience as a kid. It's is still a great community, different than Ocean City, and it brimmed with entertainment and activity. Still, it lacked Ocean City's family atmosphere. The culture was different and more international, but it is still a great American city. We had great seats. Fleetwood Mac was unreal. Lindsey Buckingham is the greatest guitar player and performer of all time. He writes, produces, creates sounds and is unbelievable on stage.

I've seen the Beatles, Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin with Jimmy Page and more, but never have I seen a performance like this. Stevie Nicks has a mystical, alluring, signature quality, truly a rock princess and goddess. She performed brilliantly, but looked fatigued. She and Buckingham shared some intimate moments on stage; that was unique. They have healed the wounds of the past but their lives have gone in different directions.

Mick Fleetwood is a tremendous talent and the best drummer in his elite class. His drum solo was amazing; when he spoke to the audience with genuine compassion, it was touching. No one can stop the passage of time. John McVie brings an upscale sound that complements Buckingham and the band.

I have attended some 67 concerts since the 1960s; this was the most brilliant. The best rock group from five decades ago lived up to its reputations-- even without Chris McVie. If you ever get the chance to see them, you won't be disappointed.

Joseph Beran
Ocean Pines