View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think we need to stop speculating so much and just wait and see. In all honesty, if we know anything about the Mac it is that they work in a "last minute decision" style. There could very well be a new album with all five involved as I find it highly unlikely that they would tour again with just the hits...there would not be much justification.

I think, to be honest, that Christine coming back to the band changed everything. Had she not, I do believe that sometime after the 2013 tour there would have been a new album (or at least a more cohesive EP) that the band would at some point tour behind. With Christine coming back, I think the band and their managers saw this as a great way to capitalize. They are essentially doing what they have done in 2009 and 2013, only this time Christine is here. From a marketing standpoint, a greatest hits tour with the whole lineup is big money. I am as glad as anyone to have Christine back and I do think the format of this tour is justified, however I believe it has taken place of working on new Fleetwood Mac music to be released in the near future.

Most likely what will happen is that this tour will last until June 2015. I am sure that Stevie will do some performing for the 24 Karat gold release. To her credit, she has given a lot towards the band this time around as she is not even mentioning her new album at the shows. Stevie is a dedicated Fleetwood Mac member and I am sure that if the band does go on to make a new album, which I hope they do, she will be a part of it.

As a personal side note, I would hate to think that all Stevie would do is "throw the band some other tunes from the vault," to paraphrase another poster. If the band do in fact make a new album it should be heartfelt and creatively invigorating for them (like the work with Buckingham and McVie seems to have been). When I listen to an album by a band I don't want to hear forced music...it needs to be real.