View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
"Meticulously researched" -hahahaha, it is so poorly researched it makes my blood boil. This kicking incident for one was NOT in Wellington, NOT in Australia at all, but AUCKLAND...its very easy to find the correct location if you spend 3 seconds on Google.
Nice try.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-ba...ectid=10986356

Legendary New Zealand bluesman Hammond Gamble and his band, Street Talk, was the support act that night...
I gave Hammond a call this week... he remembered the important stuff.
"They were arguing among themselves," he said. "We were told to leave them alone and don't get near them." Hammond said the gig that followed at Western Springs was a good concert but Wellington was most definitely "meltdown night".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
And as for LB denying or not remembering this incident taking place, please refer to the interview below when Lindsey ADMITS how unprofessional his behaviour was and that Clapton was considered as his replacement. How can a journalist writing this book get it SO WRONG???

Again, nice try.

Quote:
Without quite denying such incidents, Buckingham looks genuinely a bit puzzled to hear them played back. “What I do remember,” he says, “is a show where I purposely sang much of the set out of tune. We got offstage, and everyone was irate, obviously. They were talking about firing me and getting Clapton. Very well-founded, because it was not a professional thing to do.”
Not a word about mocking Stevie, kicking Stevie or chucking a guitar at Stevie. So, yes, the biography was correct - he's still in denial. Also, I had no idea they considered replacing him with God, er, Clapton . I... just... couldn't imagine. I am in such awe of his incredible body of work. Admittedly, Clapton was completely f***ed out of his gourd on drugs and alcohol at the time, so even if they were able to line that up, it would have probably combusted at some point.