View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
They do have the right to fire him, if they don't want to work with him any more.

I would hope that they would do right by anyone who lost out in the tour. However, we don't know exactly what happened and whose fault it was. Perhaps we should wait to find out more about the split, if we ever do.

Otherwise it's easy to blame the band members we don't like, and absolve the band members that we do like.

I'm more of a Lindsey fan than a fan of any other member of that band. That doesn't mean that I jump to the conclusion that Lindsey is in the right and Mick and Stevie in the wrong.
Do you think at this point we're "jumping into conclusions"? Many people connected to the band and to the Heartbreakers have already spoken.

And yes, they can fire him and he could also sue if he had already signed on the dotted line for this upcoming tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.