View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 04:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I think what Stevie meant was that everyone in the band, regardless of gender, receives equal pay for equal work, not that everyone in the band is paid the same regardless of their individual roles. That is what the Times Up movement is about -- not that men and women are just paid equally, but that they are paid equally for equal work.

Therefore, Lindsey may make more money for producing albums, Stevie, Lindsey and Christine may make more money for writing songs, etc.

Weren't Stevie and Christine tied for third position on the 2015 Forbes list for Highest Paid Female Singers due to Fleetwood Mac's tour that year? I don't know where those numbers come from, but it would imply that no one received more money just for showing up on tour.
I am not being a devil's advocate but I am curious about your statement. What is equal pay vs equal work in Fleetwood Mac. For example, Lindsey plays guitar all night and sings the same amount of songs as Stevie. Why should he get paid less for touring? Mick founded the band and gave both Stevie and Lindsey their big break. He plays the hardest, banging on drums all night. Why should he get paid less than Stevie when touring.
What is considered equal work? To make it even clearer... Stevie would never go there to say her singing is not equal to the other band members. The band would never tell her that she does not play an instrument so she gets paid less. THAT would be and equal work example.
Time's up Stevie

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-07-2018 at 04:45 AM..