View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Pitchfork

https://pitchfork.com/news/lindsey-b...source=dlvr.it

Lindsey Buckingham Responds to Fleetwood Mac Firing: Watch
Buckingham: “It harmed the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build”

Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham, photo by Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images

Last month, Fleetwood Mac parted ways with longtime guitarist Lindsey Buckingham. Buckingham addressed the firing publicly for the first time last night while performing at a campaign fundraiser for California Democratic congressional candidate Mike Levin. “This was not something that was really my doing or my choice,” he said in between songs. “I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective.”

He continued, claiming the decision negatively affects Fleetwood Mac. “It harmed the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one’s higher truth and one’s high destiny.” Watch his full speech below.

Stevie Nicks recently discussed the decision to replace Buckingham with former Tom Petty guitarist Mike Campbell and Crowded House’s Neil Finn on Fleetwood Mac’s upcoming tour. “Our relationship has always been volatile,” Nicks said. “This is sad for me, but I want the next 10 years of my life to be really fun and happy.” Mick Fleetwood added: “Majority rules in terms of what we need to do as a band and go forward.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"