View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Great retort! It seems sometimes people are looking (and finding) insults and disparaging remarks where there are none. For sure, Stevie is a great singer. Lindsey certainly respects and appreciates Stevie's unique songwriting talent; his omission to note it has no inferred meaning. He didn't refer to himself or Christine as songwriters either.

Stevie has successfully created her own atmosphere and distinctive signature style. Not many songwriters achieve that. Yet, I consider her not as a great songwriter, but a very good songwriter who has had many great songs.
Lindsey knows Stevie would take it as a slight that he doesn't appreciate her musical abilities. She did compose the basic melody and tune to Dreams, Angel, Beautiful Child, Say You Will (the song) ...anyway...it's not about her being a singer-songwriter, it's about Lindsey treating her in a derogatory way that discourages her from wanting to participate in studio efforts.

By the way, Lindsey, Mick and John started working on Say You Will album in 2001. Stevie came in more than six months later. Christine, Lindsey, Mick and John were working on the 2015 album which I am calling Hunger for now based on one of the unreleased Lindsey tunes...

Anyway, CM, LB, MF and JM were working on Hunger album in March and April 2014. Six months later would be October, when Stevie was still not participating due to the massive arena tour of North America getting in the way of any potential studio recording she could do.

Look how long it took Stevie to finish her contribution to Extended Play - she stayed at Lindsey's house in his guest room for just 2 days, probably a weekend. I love how Kirsten Buckingham is supposedly totally fine with that and how Stevie loves Lindsey's gorgeous kids, apparently.

Anyway, I'd hazard a guess that Stephanie Lynn Nicks will most definitely be back in the studio in 2015 and that Christine's prediction of a May 2015 or July 2015 new release of some form from Fleetwood Mac can and will come true!

It might be five or six new songs, two from each writer perhaps, then a full-length album out by 2016 after the current On with the Show tour wraps up...

By the way, people, On with the Show would be a brilliant name for a new studio album by Fleetwood Mac featuring Lindsey's compositions:

Fleetwood Mac's On with the Show album

Hunger
Lay Down for Free
On with the Show
It Takes Time
Miss Fantasy
Sad Angel
Is it Right
Red Sun
Carnival Begin

and Christine's
Too Far Gone
How I Feel

and Stevie's
Without You
My Mother's Rings
Space Needle
Julia
Goldfish and the Ladybug

So many more that I can't remember but the new song titles are out there, Stevie has at least one, plus plenty of songs in her not so private vault too thanks to her "friends" leaking her unreleased works on the Internet.

Let's not let this band forget how fun new songs can be for their audience:

This is the type of songs we are missing out on due to no new album:

Last edited by secret love; 12-28-2014 at 07:35 AM..