View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
Exactly. Good post. Accurately conveyed. I give her all the credit in the world as a great lyricist. Very poetic. Powerful.
I agree, but still think that a lot of people including Lindsey do not appreciate Stevie's skills in crafting such gorgeous melodies and in giving to Lindsey the basic three chords progression core to a song that he then fleshes out...

I remember reading an article in which Lindsey was quoted as saying before Christine returned, "We're a band of three musicians and a great singer." I'd bet you my lunch that Miss Nicks would be absolutely infuriated by comments like that, which are to the effect of "Oh, Mick and John and me, we are excellent musicians. Stevie? Oh, yeah, she's a great singer and nothing more."

If Lindsey spoke about Stevie and to Stevie using language like "You're an accomplished musician" rather than "She's a great singer" we might not have a whole thread dedicated to Stevie Nicks's non-participation in the new studio album Fleetwood Mac have been working on without her.

Treat people how you want to be treated is what's called the golden rule. Treat Stevie Nicks like chopped liver and she will refuse to contribute to a new album. Treat her like an accomplished musician in her own right and hey, she might feel better about getting into the studio with Buckingham...

Just sayin'