View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I wasn't able to watch, did he also say that Christine burned her bridges? Another thing that he's harped on that doesn't really make sense because I find it hard to believe that if Christine had any desire at all to perform with them again, she wouldn't be able to do so.
Exactly. John, Stevie and Mick would fall over themselves welcoming her back. One of the things I find most annoying is that when he elaborates, Lindsey doesn't mean it like that. He says that what he means is that Christine sold her house, divorced, left California and settled down in England. But he knows the connotation of that phrase means that someone created bad feelings when they exited, that would make their return unwelcome. He knows that's not true and should not use language that implies that. I honestly think he just does it to be mischievous.

Also, I don't think he was as happy to get 1/3 more room as he would have us think he was. I think he was sad. Stevie said something in 2003 like Lindsey decides whether or not he wants to be in FM and then the rest of us say "yes" or "no" to him. Christine said "no." I know Christine leaving Fleetwood Mac was for her personal happiness and going back to England is something she'd wanted to do for decades. Yet, I do think he felt rejected and was not happy about his departure, even though he paints it as an opportunity.

Michele