View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 04:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I was not a huge fan of Jane when it came out. When I first saw the title, I thought it was about Jane Petty. Its about Jane Goodall so I don't understand why people are freaked out by the word chimpanzee. If you understand her life how can you write a song about her and not mention her work. I think Jane is beautiful especially the "there are angels here on earth sent from God" Its written from the heart and quite the dedication. I just don't understand how one word in the song makes so many bash this song especially the context of what Jane Goodall has done on earth.

The "born in the desert line" also made me cringe comparing her desert to the soldier's desert. However that's vintage Stevie in such a gross comparison so I appreciate it. Desert Angel is such a great song. Of course its tough putting her dedication into music. Its not a pop song with some catchy chorus. I think its done very well especially with the heavy marching sound beat.
I am not a fan of Docklands but I sure did my singing along with this song. It may be difficult to imagine Stevie going to a laundromat but its a song written for her. And these song writers live in the real world.
If we are knocking songs for one word how about Some Become Strangers. "It happened like a hurricane?" Stevie has never lived in the tropics and I cant imagine her using this word to describe anything.
I love the auto-biographical songs or the dedication songs (rare) from Stevie. What I don't like are songs like Talk To Me....sappy pop songs. I just cant picture Stevie waiting by the phone on some self help line or suicide line begging for someone to talk to her when they are down or lonely so she can cheer them up. That is so sappy and cheezy (don't steal my word bwboy)!!!! I just don't see Stevie being such a positive butterfly.
I love the real Stevie in her own words!!!!! So you can give me the dedication songs like Street Angel, Desert Angel, and Jane anyday. They may not have pop song choruses but are written from the heart and very sincere. I think its poetry and what Stevie does best

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-05-2017 at 12:48 PM..