View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I agree with all of this. On top of that, I think Richard honestly did his blog as a form of therapy. We all know how Ken Caillat wrote about Richard's dedicating his life the the band (to the detriment of his own career), and his subsequent disillusionment after the Mac cast him out. I think Richard probably wanted to turn his life's memories back into the positive by creating the blog. Hopefully sharing all of the stories and pictures (good, bad, and ugly), and interacting with the fans really cemented the fact he has led a charmed life- one that has impacted so many people for the better. I suspect more than anything, that's why Richard made his blog- to give positive meaning to his life's dedication. To finally let go of the hurts and grievances of the past. To give back in a small way to the fans, who made his incredible journey possible.

I still do worry why he's stopped, though. Was it for a good reason? Did he get out what he needed to say and fell what he needed to feel, and now he can walk away with a clear conscience? Is there creative stuff on the horizon with the band which has rendered him silent? Was it for a bad reason? Did he dislike the direction the blog was going? Did the band put the screws on him? Maybe a crazed fan spooked him?

In any event, I eschew the notion he was only doing the blog to get back in the good graces of the band. If that were the case, he would have nixed all of the controversial topics and pictures. The drug usage. Domestic violence. Unflattering pictures. Conspicuous consumption. Et al.

Definitely agree with all of this. I also find it strange that he just ended abruptly....that's what worries me. I thought he would have let everyone know why. He doesn't have to, but it seems like he would have.