View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't believe it's almost been two decades since "The Dance" concert premiered. I remember it like it was yesterday.

I love this live album/concert for so many reasons, but I think the primary reason is because it got me back into Fleetwood Mac and Stevie's music after "falling away" from my fandom in Middle School and High School. And my fanaticism transformed into obsession for awhile, even more so than when I was a child. Eighteen years later...still a bit obsessed.

I remember when the CD came out and it was on repeat in my car stereo for almost year (until "Enchanted" came out).

To this day, I still prefer this (banjo) version of "Say You Love Me" to the original. Same with the amazingly angry "Gold Dust Woman". And "Bleed To Love Her" kind of became my favorite song for awhile.

I also never had a true appreciation for "Landslide" before this concert came out. It was always just one of those "deep cuts" I never really thought about when listening as a child. Granted, radio airplay and the "tearful hug" after its performance on the broadcast (and DVD) kind of made the song what it is today, but still.