View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Review of the Fleetwood Mac CD Then Play On

The exceptionally talented Rock group Fleetwood Mac have released their CD entitled Then Play On. I am very confident and happy to announce that I believe Fleetwood Mac fans, and Rock fans alike will be pleased with this one. With the release of Then Play On their artistic excellence is on full display as they have once again delivered a brilliant collection of tracks that could very well be their best work to date.

I wish it weren’t the case but, it’s not everyday that I get a CD for review that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can’t force myself to get through. Not at all the case with Then Play On. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

These days it’s a very rare CD on which every single song is good or better than the one before it. This CD is certainly one of those rare CDs.

If you’re a Fleetwood Mac fan this is a CD your collection flat cannot be without. In fact, this is one of those CDs that you don’t even have to be a fan of lname, or even Rock to know is good. It’s just good music. Period.

While this entire album is really very good the truly standout tunes are track 1 – Coming Your Way, track 7 – Although The Sun Is Shining, and track 13 – Before The Beginning.

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 13 – Before The Beginning. Great track!

Then Play On Release Notes:

Fleetwood Mac originally released Then Play On on October 25, 1990 on the Reprise label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Coming Your Way

2. Closing My Eyes

3. Show-Biz Blues

4. My Dream

5. Underway

6. Oh Well

7. Although The Sun Is Shining

8. Rattlesnake Shake

9. Searching For Madge

10. Fighting For Madge

11. When You Say

12. Like Crying

13. Before The Beginning

Fleetwood Mac: Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, Danny Kirwin (vocals, guitar); John McVie (bass); Mick Fleetwood (drums). Additional personnel includes: Christine Perfect (background vocals).

http://corywinebarger.storeblogs.com...d-then-play-on