View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The whole “on with the show” phrase first showed up on “Miss Fantasy“ on EP. I don’t think there was any serious consideration that an album would be done by the 2014 tour, far less new songs being performed on it. I think we got exactly what was intended for that.

I think Stevie and Lindsey worked very hard to establish a new working relationship in light of Christine’s absence. Lindsey became a lot softer with her working hard to convince her to record with him. She then became more sentimental about him, wanting to return to a simpler time in their relationship, back to the Buckingham Nicks days.

Christine’s return upset that. Lindsey didn’t have to act in the play anymore. He now had a willing participant in Christine. There was an overestimation on his part that Stevie would absolutely participate in a full Fleetwood Mac album. I suspect maybe he became over confident in that assumption and stopped being soft with Stevie altogether. She in turn put up an even bigger wall between two of them. In some ways, it paralleled what happened with them in 1975.

I don’t think Stevie was jealous about LBCM. I DO think she saw how much more successful her tour was relative to theirs and realized that she was a much bigger draw than the other two combined and had a lot more power in the band than they had at that point.

Then the Classics came around. Lindsey made his comments, which pissed off Azoff; had strained interactions with Stevie, which pissed Stevie off; shot down Mick’s desire to do some early years songs, which pissed off Mick; and (initially) asked for a delay, which was the last straw.

I don't believe anything has been proven that Lindsey said anything to Mick refusing to play early material.