View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I guess Bekka was heavily compared with Stevie and couldn't get out succesful of that. It was hard, you can't be compared with a legend. ...... I'm not saying they are irreplaceable, my point is that the media have no mercy when a legend band change its lineup. The Rumours lineup was lucky cause the previous lineups were not legends (except for the blue first lineups of course).
Bekka was pretty much stepping into the platform boots of both Stevie and Christine. How in the heck could anyone be expected to pull that one off?
Bekka does her own thing best... her own style, writing, and performing.
As I was watching some of the "Time" footage, I was thinking there was NO WAY I would have bought her singing Christine's song in concert back then! And that was exactly why I didn't go see them back then. But as much as I love Bekka now, she gets a pass as the only other person that can sing those tunes.

Asking Billy to take over for Lindsey is one thing... but asking Bekka to take over for Stevie was right up there with Kenny Jones taking over for Keith Moon....
both gifted in their own ways but not really interchangeable.

"Lucky in love... Unlucky in opening cereal boxes... -- Lisa Douglas, re: Olivah