View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think to be fair to Steve - it has been mentioned in some of Stevie's threads that she was still most likely in contract to record at least one more album, and that very well could be the case. And look how she IS handling it with all the FM buzz - she's getting it recorded so fast so she could probably do a quick mini tour (a-la Bella Donna) so she can rush back into FM this fall with the tour, and then getting the album finished in the meantime.

I think that's a perfectly logical excuse for why she isn't "involved" with the FM machine just yet. Would you want to be promoting FM up and down when you're about to release a solo album that you need to be promoting instead?

I am sure that she has also discussed this extensively with the band and they need to give her the time to fulfill her other duties that she had planned, and that she is rerouting HER schedule to finish up her projects - she probably had planned to spend this entire year doing her solo album and tour, and Christine coming back changed all those plans.

Also - it was well documented during the IYD interviews that she was SO happy with Dave Stewart and his producing that she had set in her mind that Dave was going to help produce songs for FM, and with all the songs she has written in the studio these past couple weeks, indicates that she will more than likely transfer the leftovers to FM where Lindsay can make his tweaks as necessary. Seems like a crappy way to go about recording with your band, but maybe she'll only bring a couple of those songs to the fold.

Either way, I think all the Stevie-bashing really needs to stop and let her do what she needs to do. This is not at all any different from how she worked in the 80's between FM and Solo. Everything will work out as it always has, she always sees her commitments through, solo and FM.