View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The people I feel most sorry for are the ones who couldn't/didn't go to the last tour. I've been chided (lovingly by my family) for going to multiple shows and my response is always the same---FM is old, someone could die and I'd never forgive myself for missing a show that I could have gone to. For example: I live in the Chicago suburbs so I can drive into the city or drive to Milwaukee to see them. The time, distance and hassle is roughly the same. Why the hell wouldn't I go to both shows! When you tack on all the musical greats we've lost in the past few years it makes perfect sense to me.

I realize some weren't able to see a concert due to travel, money, etc and now they'll never have the chance to see the 5. That makes me SO SAD. I insisted on taking my sister to a show. She's not even a casual fan, just likes a few songs. She was impressed by the length of the show, the graphics, the way Chris, Stevie and Lindsey take turns singing. When she saw Chris putting on the accordion she was like "omg does she really play that". She was blown away by Lindsey's energy and how much more rugged and strong they sound live compared to the radio. She wasn't sure what to make of Stevie's crackhead dance but filmed the whole thing on her phone, lol. She got startled at first when people called out the band members names (and kept doing it throughout the show) but thought it was super cool.

My heart breaks for the fans who won't get to experience the Rumors 5. Maybe the new shows will be fun but it won't be the same.