View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post

This actually brings up something I've given some thought to over the years. In the years of Lindsey's absence, Stevie sang, "I wanna be with you," just before Christine did in the chorus, which is obviously a departure from the album track. Here's one example from 1990, and probably the most widely available version from the Tango tour VHS.

These are probably unanswerable questions, but was this Stevie's way of putting her signature on the song since she wasn't on the album track? Is this maybe what she suggested she could add when they told her sorry, the track is finished? And then in 1997, did someone have to tell her that they didn't want her to do it this way anymore? I don't know why this sparks my curiosity so much, but it really does.
I have always attributed that to Stevie coming in late and off time and not knowing the words LOL
Seriously though, she is famous for coming in late or off time and IMHO that is what she was doing during the Klonopin era Everywhere's