View Single Post
Old 10-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't think he realized it since The Dance. Fleetwood Mac filled arenas without him during Tango tour. And rejoining the band was more than certain that they would fill stadiums again, and if it weren't for Christine the tour would have been longer and worldwide. The 90s was the reunions decade, with Eagles and other bands precedents, there was no surprise.
I was talking about it from Lindsey’s end. He’d never toured solo prior to 1993 and I think he was shocked by how little demand there was for him as a solo artist. Fast forward to 1997, and he’s playing arenas again in one of the biggest bands in the world. I think that’s something he took for granted.

Fleetwood Mac was fine without him so long as Stevie was in the band. BTM might not have been successful by Rumours-era Fleetwood Mac standards, but it was still a pretty successful album, and they were still an arena band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This is why his talk about legacy this past decade is so out of character for him. It’s not that I don’t believe him, but it’s definitely an about-face from his attitude about the band for forty years. He had some bizarro awakening about how good the band really was.
Wild theory, but maybe it had something to do with revisiting all of that material for the deluxe edition reissues.

THE Stephen Hopkins