View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Seriously? Who in their right mind would see a band playing at a Theme Park and expect it to be everybody who made the band one of the largest in the world? That's just foolish. It's weird enough that someone like Bob Dylan plays those venues on a regular basis.
This shouldn't be a debate, so I agree with you. You're right. And I'm right. Fleetwood Mac in name, is a brand, and the general public knows, more or less, the main image of that brand as Stevie, Lindsey and Christine.

Yet Fleetwood Mac, while undeniably a high profile band, isn't as culturally omnipotent and universally familiar as Micky Mouse or McDonald's. And, in context of the musical landscape of the early 199os, they teetered on the edge of obsolescence. It's hard to conceive, but there is a large demographic of humanity that are not intimately attentive to the band, and many may only have a vague knowledge about them, with faint familiarity and recognition of a few of their popular songs.

It's a real long shot to expect them to theorize or question how a such a legendary band could possibly be appearing at an amusement park. It's not even reverentially conscience to them. And even casual fans of the band -- fans who aren't ardently following their every move, might not even be aware of the band's current status at that point. The Time band configuration and the Time album flew a little a bit lower on the radar. I give major credit to Mick for adding another link in the chain to keep the band alive. Even though it wasn't the strongest link, it served a greater purpose. He previously faced a similar situation when Peter Green went adrift.

Yes, it's foolish, so you're right.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-25-2014 at 02:29 AM..