Thread: MICE Season??
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 02:53 AM
Registered

Default MICE Season??

Oh no. Thank you God for The Ledge which helped me get through 'spider season' in August & September.
Now, October 18, 3:30 am, my cat was all hyper, running jumping, I finally turned on a light, here upstairs in the bedroom I'm in, and she'd caught a mouse. I praised the cat, thanked her, but now she won't come to bed, she usually sleeps on the bed with me unless she isn't feeling well. My cat was current with her vet shots but always has been an inside cat, so was spared one shot cats get- Do I need to take the cat to the vet, is the contact with the mouse going to make her sick? The mouse seemed dead, but I was so freaked out, I quickly wadded it into a bunch of paper towel and stuffed the mouse and paper towel into an box of UltraBrite toothpaste in the garbage,tight fit! I think I'd better go downstairs and get that bag of trash outside...
Is my cat going to get sick from killing the mouse? With her claws, I think. Oh God, is she looking for more and thats why she wont come to the bed, or could she be in pain? She seemed pleased with herself for catching it and lay on the floor in a territorial way cats sometimes will do. Now the cat seems to be in another room, I think upstairs, I didn't hear her little paws go plopping down the stairs. NEVER will I ever rent a house again. Or buy one. Apartments or condos- new ones- for me from now on.
Maybe half a xanax extra will be ok? No, for me, not the cat. Usually I'd be out cold by now, fast asleep, now it's close to 4 am.
My neighbor just told me yesterday her son found out that mice had eaten the wires under his car, the coating used on newer model cars is made of something that mice like to eat, and her son had to had the car rewired underneath at considerable expense. So, a neighbor talks to me about mice yesterday, and tonight, one is going to keep me up all night.
So, much like the spider thread, same questions- is it mouse season and are there preventative measures? I have to leave food and water out for my cat. Will there likely be more mice? Is my cat likely ok or feeling sick so she won't come to bed, or is she just excited and looking for more? Should I notify the vet she came into contact with a mouse? ? I hate living in a house. I want my old apartment back. 3 year lease here, though.