View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It is a kind of pop perfection that is exquisite. Yes. And while I think other FM songs better show off the band's versatility and ingenuity (The Chain, Tusk, Hold Me, even Little Lies) Dreams has the virtue of a great vocal, and outstanding instrumentation. Anyone coming to the band through this song knows John's a killer bassist, Mick is a rock solid drummer with a unique and economical flair, Christine's a great (and underrated) texturalist at the keys, and Lindsey's an unparalleled arranger-guitarist whose guitar fills are parts in themselves. So there's that...
I've always thought that Dreams was number 1 because it's very Fleetwood Mac. Stevie lays down a great vocal which the band got the best of out her many takes.

However, this song is so boring without the band having weird idiosyncrasies on their instruments. Plus, the whole BuckVie sound (including bass/drums) make it interesting. It's just a boring song made into a stellar track!

I give this song a lot of credit.

Also make no mistake: Thunder does happen whether it's raining or not!