View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
That's so exciting! I'm happy for him to be involved . I don't care for QOTSA, but it doesn't matter, I'll watch now anyways. I wish I could just GO to the Grammys. How does that even work? They don't exactly sell tickets right? Is the entire place filled like a concert or just the bottom like floor seats?
Dang, sorry about all the questions .
it would be great if you could try (and represent us!!), but i have no idea!

love love love seeing the whole twitter exploding with this!!

some nice articles and even nicer comments on how for once grammys got it right and that this group of musicians they put together has artistic merit and relevance instead of being just another dinosaur tribute thing.

http://www.stereogum.com/1636351/nin...-grammys/news/
As SPIN reports, one very tough, smartly selected lineup of aging rock dudes will assemble this Sunday night to end the Grammy Awards broadcast. Nine Inch Nails, Queens Of The Stone Age, Dave Grohl, and Fleetwood Mac O.G. Lindsey Buckingham have intersected in various configurations over the years — Grohl playing drums on QOTSA’s Songs For The Deaf and NIN’s With Teeth, NIN and QOTSA touring together, Buckingham playing on NIN’s Hesitation Marks and appearing in Grohl’s Sound City documentary, Josh Homme and Trent Reznor contributing to the Sound City soundtrack. And now they’ll all be on the same stage at the same time. More intriguingly, it’ll be a rare TV performance for Nine Inch Nails and maybe a chance to figure out which guitar parts Buckingham played on their album. Talking about it, Grammys exec producer Ken Ehrlich says, “There’s nothing better than when the Grammys can rock out, and to have these artists all together on one stage, doing a number that, when they presented it to us, knocked us out, is going to turn out to be one of those Grammy moments that people talk about for a long time.” At the very least, it should a better show-ending cluster**** than whatever LL Cool J was doing last year. The Grammys air Sunday night at 8PM eastern on CBS.

‏@trent_reznor
Yes, @nineinchnails is performing on @TheGRAMMYs with @qotsa Dave Grohl and Lindsey Buckingham! http://p4k.in/1ePPvVv

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"