View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Rock Family Trees Section on LB quitting..............

Mick Fleetwood:
The album came out…and the rest of us go…..we gotta go out on the road….we’ve just made a good album….are we going to not push it….and he agreed to do it against his better judgement….and that all went wrong…..we’d set the whole tour up and suddenly….boom…I can’t do this….I can’t face it…(Mick shakes his head).

Stevie Nicks:
Because of that guilt I’ve always had about not leaving Fleetwood Mac….I flew out of the couch and across the room to seriously attack him….and I did….I mean…I’m not real scary….but I can be fairly ferocious…..and I grabbed him….y’know………..which almost got me killed.

John McVie:
It got ugly…..physically ugly….(John mimes strangling someone).(more from the “Big Love” video is shown here)

Stevie Nicks:
He ended up chasing me all the way out of Christine’s maze like house and down the street….and back up the street….and he threw me against the car…and I screamed horrible obscenities at him……and I thought he was going to kill me……and I think he probably thought he was going to kill me too…..and I said to him…if the rest of the people in the band don’t get you….my family will….my dad and my brother will kill you.

John McVie:
And I said to Lindsey…why don’t you just leave……he left……but what I meant was why don’t you just leave the room (laughs)……true (more laughter).

(the end section of “Big Love” is now shown……

Stevie Nicks:
Every single one of the guitar players had reached the point where they said….I can’t do this anymore…..Chris and I have way too much of a practical side to ever say that (a ghost of a smile on Stevie’s face here)….but the guys are like tenuous…..(makes a so-so gesture with her hand)…always.

Narrative:
Lindsey Buckingham left to pursue a solo career. The previous guitarist, Bob Welch, on leaving the band, had considerable success with his album “French Kiss”. Several more records followed, but by the end of the eighties Bob found himself becoming ever more detached from everyday life.

Don't know how true it is, but Stevie's account is a little different then Mick's.

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource