View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
For me, just keeping it too safe would seem like a sell out. A La the Eagles. I still think these folks have something to say artistically. Lindsey's still making sonically interesting music. Christine pushed her own boundaries on In The Meantime with it's often-dark/angry lyrics. Stevie still dabbles in electronica, country, and pop as a solo artist. There's nothing to say they can't mix up the sound of this Mac record. After all, look what a massive departure Tango was from Mirage. And Tusk from Rumours. They've done it before. I'm not opposed to this album being a classic sounding Fleetwood Mac record... I'd just like some dash of spice to let us know they still give a damn about art, you know? Just look at Johnny Cash. His last albums when he was in his 80s on his deathbed were downright gritty & raw. Wanda Jackson, the Queen Of Rockabilly, is in her later 70s & has had a recent album produced by Jack White, and it was fantastic. Classic yet retains an edge. There's a line Fleetwood Mac can still very much walk between familiar sound, and artistic integrity.
Well said!