View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since tomorrow is December 8th I thought I'd bump this up...

I grew up listening to the Beatles and, like a lot of people, their music, words, voices have been ingrained in my subconscious for the better part of my life. For that alone, John's accomplishments as a musical artist should be exhumed in the panels of history for years to come. But he was so much more.

I have a great love and admiration for many different artists. Their music has moved me or left some kind of impact on my life, for whatever reason. And there will absolutely be more that I have not heard who will probably have a similar affect. But none of them can compare to John or how deeply his music has moved me. He is my absolute favorite, bar none (yup, not even Lindsey). And that will always be. I can't explain it or bother to try. And those who still can't understand him or think he's "overrated" or he reached his legendary status due to untimely death, well, that's on you. His music is otherworldly to me, and his person was blunt, honest, and hilarious. He never pretended to be anything but a flawed human who tried his best to do it right, openly admitting when he did not. And that is something rare to find these days: a famous person who isn't posing about for some hidden agenda or portraying themselves as some perfect, saint-like humanitarian.

He was enigmatic, troubled, sweet, cruel, funny, smart, quick, and absolutely fascinating. He opened himself up and he let people judge him, and he pursued his dreams without giving an eff what other people thought. There was so much about him that was just so very, very cool.

And that's how I feel about John Lennon. I'm grateful we had him for whatever time and so thankful for the music he made that I grew up with. He's forever the greatest to me, and even if I've heard an interview 100 times I can still laugh, be inspired, and drawn in. He's like the anti-dull. Love him.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL