View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
I agree. The following is from the thread "Stevie as scapegoat" in the Stevie Nicks forum with a nice recap from Murrow and my response.

Mick's soft spot is that he knows which side his bread is buttered on, realizing that an FM with Stevie means much more money in his wallet than one without. This is why so many are disgusted - this once great band has been reduced to nothing more than a cash cow for him. Witness his charging fans $600 a pop plus fees for a brief meeting (ticket price not included!) as part of what I call his "Meet & Fleece" program.

There are also those who are very disappointed with Christine as I am but I'm certain that in an earlier era Christine would have been much more outspoken. The thing is she's now pushing 75 and age sadly does take its toll.
Scapegoat??

Ok so that term is used for a person blamed for sins or mistakes of others. Who would be those others? Mick? Well most people blame him along with her. John? We blame John, but he didn’t get the ball rolling, according to Mick he had to be talked into it. Christine? Again, she didn’t stop it but she made it clear that she knew nothing about it so she is not a part of “majority rules”. Lindsey? He made it clear it’s not his doing or his choice.

Meanwhile Stevie went to great lengths to explain she wanted Lindsey out so she can be happy and dancing. So what is she a scapegoat for??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"