View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
This is tough if we just have to stick to the Big 5 albums! (plus The Dance I suppose). Most of the songs I genuinely don't like are from post-Rumours. I will give it a go though, even if pretty much all of these songs have SOMETHING redeemable about them:

1. Ricky: Gag, probably my least favorite Christine vocal ever. Also feels like filler.
2. Family Man: Cool guitar. That's the only nice thing I can say about this one.
3. You and I Part II: Just a very fluffy, nothing song for me. It's not unpleasant but its probably the least memorable thing they ever produced. It works okay in the context of Tango but not AT ALL on its own. The only time I see it discussed AT ALL is when its being (understandably) negatively compared to You and I Part I.
4. Empire State: I guess I kind of like that it adds a twisted sort of vibe to the otherwise sterile Mirage, but I would by lying if I said I ever listened to it by choice.
5. Cool Water: I just don't get this one sorry
6. My Little Demon: I wish I liked it more than I do. Loved all the other new songs for The Dance though!
7. The Final spots are going to have to go to some of Lindsey's Tusk songs. I'm trying HARD but they are taking the longest to grow on me (not just the production- his vocals especially.) The only ones I like are Tusk, I Know I'm Not Wrong (cool music!) and What Makes You Think You're The One.

It seems like I hate Lindsey by the looks of this list lol. I really don't, its just that when he misses with me he misses HARD. His stuff on the White Album and Rumours is some of my favorite stuff of the Macs catalog. His white album stuff in particular I think steals the show.
Good list. I never got “Ricky“ either. I would have included it in my list if I thought we were able to count non-album tracks and outtakes. Still, my least favorite Christine song is “Skies”— it, like “Ricky”, is so uncharacteristically below par for her.