View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
While she's stated the latter, and that's likely part of it, I think the reason why she wouldn't do an album is she just doesn't want to work with Buckingham anymore. At the time that only extended to studio work, not touring, but that changed.
yup. when they kinda separated paths. because not making records anymore.

"What we did do when we were angry with each other, we wouldn’t talk to each other very much. But when we went out in the studio to do our parts or to come up with an idea or something, we were incredibly focused. And that was, you know, we did a lot of drugs and we were still incredibly focused. As the years went by, if we’re talking about how long that went on, that went on up until two years ago when we kind of separated paths – and I really do say Lindsey and I have separated paths. That was like, forty years, if you can even imagine. You’re not even forty yet. It’s like, forty years. We went through that, and so it’s like, they say real love never dies and I don’t think that real love does ever die, but I do think that real love can reach a place where it just can’t go on anymore. And I’m really glad that it didn’t reach that place until we had pretty much… Music had changed so much by the time it got to be two years ago, that we weren’t really making records anymore anyway. So it’s like we got everything we needed to do in that space between 1975, ​’till when we kind of broke up the original Fleetwood Mac"

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"