View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Yet, you post this under Chris' forum. I would dare say, that nearly all of us in this forum WERE heartbroken by her departure.
Preaching to the choir?, about how that you're not heartbroken that she's gone.... where's my Kleenex?
I'm not trying to jump your ass, but,.............we, here, are HUGE Christine fans, and, NOT happy that she's gone.
I agree with you in that I miss Christine being in the band, but I don't see the problem with Miss Vicky's comments. If we can poke fun at and criticize the other members of the band as we please, I don't see why Christine should be immune to that. It's generally accepted on this board, right? We shouldn't have to be afraid to say we really don't like this or that. On the other hand, I don't think she would have necessarily been preaching to the choir had she said this in another forum, because I'm sure the Christine fans would pop up there as well. Either way, I don't think it's a big deal.

As for my opinion about the whole thing...she said that she prefers the emphasis on individual voices instead of harmonies, and though I can see that, I just don't feel the same way. I look to the solo albums for emphasis on the individual voices and really, really enjoy the harmonies in Fleetwood Mac, which I often like even more when Christine is involved. I'm not a huge fan of "Come" or "Murrow," but that's me. I do think SYW has some of Lindsey's best, though. Even though some of it plays like a solo album to me, couldn't one say the same for his Tusk material?