View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I completely agree with everyone who is saying it's a shame they use these prerecorded backing tracks.

I would much rather hear the music entirely live. If Brett needs to play most of the keyboards, let him. Chris can save it for "Game of Pretend" and a couple of other songs. Then at least we know what we've heard.

The three backing musicians are all very capable singers. We don't need a "wall of sound" just like the record when hearing them live. And there are two extra guys on guitar. Lindsey doesn't have to play everything himself -- let Brett and Neale handle some of the guitar chores, but let it be live.

Live rock music SHOULDN'T be perfect. Save that for the diva pop stars whose shows are a multi-media presentation. Fleetwood Mac and BuckVie are rock, not diva pop with backup dancers, an elaborate stage set, and a million dollar light show.
Well, I think Lindsey has decided that "this is the way, now", so I doubt it will change now.

You know, this made me think of The Eagles...wondering if they use them. IDK if "Eagles" songs use tracks, but the Don Henley solo songs they do...CLEARLY use them. Dirty Laundry, and All She Wants To Do Is Dance are clearly tracks.

Rambling now...I've always wondered if Edge of Seventeen was tracks. I'd think it would be very hard to keep that guitar part going...perfectly, for 5 or so minutes. I've always suspected that was a track...