View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Got the Chicago and Detroit tickets, but these prices have put me off going to any more shows.

I'm not surprised there are seats left. They're priced a bit highly, I think, considering that neither is a big solo draw. While it's very unfortunate, when I say I'm going to see Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie, I get a blank stare before clarifying "the guitarist and keyboardist for Fleetwood Mac."
that's interesting, i've been complaining about the venues being too big and prices to low. they needed platinum prices for front rows, instead these seats are showing up on scalper sites for between $400 and $1000 for pit seats. they'll go down, but that doesn't make sense.

their prices are also lower then Sheryl Crow's in my area, and Sting's prices are twice what theirs are, for the same venue.

that said, they are priced as an older band for older audiences. young people are used to $15 /ticket. i was at a show yesterday that was in small theater, $45/seat, sold out within minutes of going on sale (this band normally sells arenas), but i've seen lots of people complaining that's a high price. and this is currently high-flying band with this year's grammy.

ah yeah nobody knows names LB and CM. the only way they can sell is if they advertise as they've been - FM's LB and CM. now in the UK would be a different thing, Christine's Mac songs are by far the best known there.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"